The Way of Forgiveness
The Way of Forgiveness
October 9 – November 17, 2017
Rev. Dr. Brenda K. Buckwell, Obl. OSB, Instructor
2 CEU’s | $200.00
From the hit series Companions in Christ, by Upper Room Books, The Way of Forgiveness is being released online with enhanced video and culturally current events. Forgiveness never goes out of season. The question becomes: How can we become peacemakers in a chaotic world?
With contemplation on the Prayer of St. Francis: Lord Make Me an Instrument of Your Peace and the book The Way of Forgiveness, participants will discern their personal invitation to peacemaking for the 21st century.
This opportunity is designed for:
- Small congregations seeking a short 6-week spiritual formation and bible study experience
- Large congregations desiring to train leaders for in-home small group opportunities.
- Clergy, church leadership and laity dealing with the unsettled current affairs of our nation and world.
- Individuals can sign up for this class.
- Small groups can sign up and gather together once weekly to process the teaching material in group and then post individually online in the discussion forums.
- Required textbook: Marjorie J. Thompson, 2002, Companions in Christ – the Way of Forgiveness, A Small-Group Experience in Spiritual Formation Participants’ Book, (Upper Room Books: Nashville), IBS #0-8358-0980-3
Living Streams Flowing Water is providing instruction for this event in partnership with Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary and Upper Room Books.
Rev. Dr. Brenda Buckwell, Obl. OSB
As founder of Living Streams Flowing Water online and onsite Spiritual Formation ministry (www.livingstreamsflowingwater.com), Brenda is one who seeks earnestly to experience God’s presence. Her great desire is to companion others as we share God’s prayer and deepen awareness of God amid personal life and within community. As an ordained elder within the United Methodist tradition, she additionally trained as a spiritual director and supervisor of spiritual directors at Mercy Center in Burlingame, California. (www.mercy-center.org) and has received the United Methodist Certification in Spiritual Formation. Further, Brenda has her ICF (International Coaching Federation) certification for spiritual coaching (www.coachfederation.org).
Brenda has a deep passion for spiritual formation within the church. With an online teaching certification, she has taught the practicum in spiritual direction as a guest instructor at United Theological Seminary (UTS). Brenda is adjunct in spiritual formation and prayer at Ashland Seminary (www.seminary.ashland.edu )
Born in St. Paul, Minnesota, Brenda graduated with a BA from Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, Masters of Divinity from Boston University School of Theology and received her Doctorate in Theology and Leadership from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary. Brenda is an Oblate in the Benedictine Methodist Monastery, St. Brigid of Kildare. (www.kildaremonastery.com)
In addition to spiritual direction two of Brenda’s favorite spiritual disciplines are swimming and ballroom dancing. The delight of her life is her grandchildren for whom she strives to be Amma.