2018 Town Hall with President Lallene J. Rector
January 17, 2018 | 12:00 p.m. (CST)
Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary will hold its annual Town Hall with President Lallene J. Rector on Wednesday, January 17, 2018. In this 60-minute live presentation, participants will hear from President Rector and have an opportunity to ask questions. This year, the Town Hall will be available both by telephone and in an online audio forum!
The Town Hall will begin at 12:00 p.m. (CST). Our partner for the call, Broadnet, will begin calling participants minutes before the Town Hall meeting begins. To ensure we call you at your preferred number we encourage you to register now! If you miss our call you can join the conversation anytime between noon and 1 p.m. (CST) by dialing 1-877-229-8493 and entering the access code 112095 when prompted.
About the 2018 Town Hall
Understanding Garrett-Evangelical as a servant seminary to the church, President Rector will share some of her thoughts and insights on challenges facing specifically The United Methodist Church and the church at-large. In addition, President Rector will talk about the state of theological education and the seminary’s newest initiatives. Topics include:
- The Commission on a Way Forward - Homosexuality and The United Methodist Church
- Theological Education - Looking Ahead with Joy
- Congregational Safety in an Era of Mass Shootings
- Connectional Learning - Newest Programs and Trends in Lifelong Learning
- Updates on Lilly Endowment, Inc. Grants:
- New MDiv Curriculum and our New MAs in Spiritual Formation and Direction and Public Ministry
- Latest Initiatives and Programs from the Seminary's Centers
- The Completion of the Forging our Future Capital Campaign - Thank You!
- And more!