Young Adult and Community Outreach Coordinator
Trinity United Methodist Church (www.trinitylafayette.org) in Lafayette, Indiana is seeking to fill a half-time (20 hours/ week) position in Young Adult (roughly ages 25-35) Community Outreach.
Primary duties associated with this position include:
· Establishing/developing relationships with young adults in the neighborhood
· Developing new young adult groups and/or ministries
· Building on the existing ministries and developing leadership skills among current young adults within the church
· Attending worship and ministry staff meetings
· Developing a social media and communications strategy
· Bachelor’s degree
· Commitment to diversity (Trinity is an affirming congregation, part of the United Methodist Reconciling Ministries Network) and cross-generational ministry
· Skills in social media and online communication strategies
· Strengths in evangelism and communication
· A willingness to relocate (assistance will be provided with relocation costs)
Trinity is located in Lafayette, Indiana, across the river from Purdue University. Graduate and Ph.D. students and young urban professionals are a growing demographic within our neighborhood. In recent years, Trinity has attracted more young adults. We are committed to this ministry opportunity in a community where there are no other theologically progressive congregations focused on this demographic. We have redesigned our ministry space, making it attractive for young adult gatherings. This position includes funds for professional development. It offers the opportunity to work creatively and collaboratively with a strong ministry staff.
Interested applicants should contact Senior Pastor, Tracey Leslie at email@example.com