Program Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministry
The Program Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministry will provide dynamic leadership, development and oversight of the children, youth and family ministry at Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, equipping the process of progressive, inclusive, social justice-oriented faith formation and discipleship in ways that are real, relevant and responsive.
- Create and communicate a progressive, inclusive vision for children, youth and family ministries and develop and purpose the overarching scope and sequence of relevant, future oriented, social justice-minded faith formation from birth through high school.
- Develop faith strengthening experiences and provide supportive, current, connectional resources for parents and families while ensuring, developing and managing policies, systems and procedures for the safety and welfare of all participants.
- Assimilate current and cutting-edge technological and curriculum resources for ministry in today’s context that includes a virtual congregation through connection with other leaders, children, youth and family organizations, and the latest curriculum resources for dynamic programming.
- Create and implement a system for recruiting, training and empowering volunteers and teams for leadership.
- Plan and direct community outreach events that focus on attracting and empowering families for ministry.
- Steward the budget and maintain the financial accountability of the children, youth and family ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or religious studies (or equivalent).
- Three years’ ministry experience in a small to medium sized congregation environment (150 – 400), preferably with children, youth and or family ministries.
- Demonstrated leadership and program formation in children, youth and or family ministries.
- A person of progressive, inclusive Christian faith with a solid understanding of the United Methodist tradition.
Creativity; Organizing; Planning; Manages vision and purpose; Developing volunteers; Managing conflict; Interpersonal Relationships; Trust and Integrity
*This is only a partial job description. To view the full job description, please visit the Good Samaritan UMC website at https://good.org/news-events/news/