Discovering Opportunities for Outreach and Reflection
Operations Coordinator, Position in Chicago IL
ABOUT YOU: You love managing operations, data collection, and optimizing processes. A self-starter who is both detail-oriented and highly-motivated, you want to be part of an impactful organization. An operations guru - data tracking, process optimization, and creating procedures makes you happy and feel accomplished. You know who needs to know what and initiate the information flow. You are able to work independently.
YOUR STYLE: A listener at heart, you are as comfortable in the background as you are serving as the point person. Your favorite roles have been ones where you worked as part of a collaborative team in a culture of excellence, generosity, and humility, as you work wholeheartedly together to reach a common goal. You work well with others, having the ability to communicate clear goals, support, and encouragement. You are committed to confidentiality, honesty, and transparency.
THE ROLE: The Operations Coordinator (OC) supports five high performing City Directors and an effective and collaborative Executive Director - this role is the lynchpin in the organization’s success. The OC is the first contact for all applicants, creating a positive experience and smooth registration process. This means our participants feel welcome, trust that details are right, and that communication is exceptional. The OC oversees all administrative systems, information technology, human resources support and bookkeeping assistance. The OC works to nurture and support our donor base, a group of individuals who deeply believe in the values and mission of DOOR and give generously of their time and finances. The OC collaborates with our local and national boards.
ABOUT DOOR: DOOR is a gateway for youth and young adults to encounter the city through the eyes, ears, and heart of God. We are dedicated to providing life-changing experiences for our participants rooted in relationship and solidarity with local communities and neighborhoods. All of our programming grows out of a commitment to mutual respect and thoughtful reflection, with a particular effort to emphasize issues of injustice and praying to discern what Jesus might be asking of us today.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 2-4 years of successful program organizational and data management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills are a must, as this person will represent DOOR both locally and nationally
- Microsoft Office proficiency; experience in managing and using client databases a must
- Grant writing experience
- A personal Christian faith that includes a deep love for justice and inclusion of all people
Compensation and Benefits:
- DOOR offers a competitive salary of $35,000-$42,000 in parity with other vocational ministry organizations. In addition, DOOR offers generous paid time off (beginning at 10 days per year), as well as two weeks off during the Christmas holiday season.
- All new hires are subject to a 6 months probationary period and background check.
How to apply:
Successful candidates will explain in a detailed cover letter how they are a strong fit for the qualifications and experience outlined above. Email a cover letter, your resume, and three references to:
Andrea Sawyer-Kirksey, DOOR Executive Director
Subject line: DOOR Chicago Operations Coordinator
Last day to apply: May 17th, 2019
Note: No phone calls please. Applicants should not mail a hard copy of their resume. An email confirmation will be sent upon receipt of emails from interested applicants.