Micah Corps Co-Coordinator
The Micah Corps Leadership aims to identify, recruit, support and supervise young adult interns
through the Micah Corps 10-week program. The end goal is to create space for young adult
interns to discern their call to linking faith and social justice.
The Micah Corps internship is a 10-week social justice program based on Micah 6:8. It gives
interns opportunities to: grow in their spiritual walk with God, link faith with social justice
action, learn from social justice experts in Nebraska, Kansas, and Washington, D.C., strengthen
leadership skills, and connect with United Methodists across Nebraska and Kansas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit 6-8 young adult interns.
- Support the interns’ summer work by facilitating their weekly assignments.
- Arrange interns’ summer schedule and church speaking engagements.
- Connect with social justice seeking organizations to schedule interns’ immersion topics.
- Provide supervision by ensuring the goals of the program are achieved.
- Lead the interns on an immersion advocacy trip to Washington DC to work with Church and Society staff and visit Kansas and Nebraska representatives and senators’ staff.
- Facilitate theological and book discussions and offer constructive feedback during presentations.
- Ensure interns complete their work and project every week.
- Supervise all interns.
- Attend a winter weekend leadership orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree, seminary students preferred.
- Experiences with social justice and faith-based organizations a plus.
- Experiences working in diverse environments.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Basic familiarity with United Methodist polity and system.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized person.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conversant in millennial cultures and enjoy working with young adult population.
- Strong interpersonal skills and healthy conflict management.
- Report to the Mercy and Justice Coordinator of the Great Plains Conference.
- Uphold the Micah Corps covenant and responsibilities throughout the summer.
- As staff, represent the Great Plains Conference throughout the summer.
To learn more about the Micah Corps, visit: www.greatplainsumc.org/micahcorps.
To apply, send your resume and a letter of interest to Rev. Kalaba Chali, Mercy and Justice
Coordinator at: email@example.com
Friday, May 24, 2019
Great Plains Conference of the UMC
United Methodist Church (UMC)