Director of Family Ministries
Reports to: Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Status: Part-time; # hours dependent on qualifications and experience
Be part of a vital ministry with and outreach to children and families. Working in partnership with lay-led team and Pastor to guide and direct Sunday morning and evening age-directed learning groups and multi-generation worship and celebration activities; as well as other weekly learning gatherings and social events for children, youth, and their families. We are searching for a creative person with a passion for forming faith in new ways for a new time of building and being church community.
Model the gift of faith in Christ and a passion for persons of all ages to experience and nurture their own faith. Support families in parenting and nurturing their faith formation through learning opportunities, service experiences, and multi-generational worship and celebration events, including (but not limited to):
- Sunday morning age-appropriate learning; worship and learning events, hands-on service events; events in collaboration with other community agencies and/or area churches.
- Build up the church community by integrating and advocating for the full inclusion of all children and youth into the life of Northbrook UMC by celebrating milestones in their faith and life journey; building mentoring relationships with other adults in the church.
- Help the church create and develop a culture of invitation, welcome, and belonging in the community.
- Implement the Safe Sanctuary Policy in all activities of Northbrook UMC.
- Oversee the church resources designated for family ministries.
- Use social media to communicate with families and their children and youth.
- Faith in God through Christ.
- Some experience working with youth and children (paid or volunteer).
- Passbackground check and sign Child Protection Policy.
- At least 23 years old.
- Team player, self-starter, creative, open to all persons, organized, with an ability to communicate effectively.