Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Our Community: Bethel UCC is a vibrant, open and affirming, mission-focused church that exists "to help people experience the grace of God as revealed through the love of Jesus Christ, to be a Christian congregation of neighborly love, and to serve as an instrument of God's love in our community and the world.”
Role Summary: The Director of Children and Youth Ministries nurtures the spiritual growth of children and youth at Bethel UCC by building relationships, connecting youth and families to the Bethel faith community, leading worship, empowering service, cultivating faith, supporting volunteers, and growing Bethel’s children and youth ministry programs.
- Coordinate Christian Education on Sunday mornings for preschool, elementary and middle school students.
- Recruit and train teachers for Sunday morning Christian Education and teach in these programs as necessary.
- Lead high school small group for grades 9-12.
- Lead middle school small group for grades 6-8.
- Lead the annual Youth Mission Trip, including coordinating fundraising activities.
- Recruit and train nursery workers.
- Attend all Board of Elder meetings and work with volunteers on creation, coordination and evaluation of special events including, but not limited to, the Advent workshop, Christmas program, Lent program, Easter celebration, Pentecost celebration, vacation Bible school, and Youth Mission Sunday.
- Communicate with the congregation and community about youth and family activities.
- Assist with Confirmation classes and associated activities.
- Preach and lead worship, as requested by the Senior Minister
- In all aspects, carry out the ministry of Bethel UCC with a focus on maintaining professional boundaries, encouraging lay leaders, promoting thoughtful and active growth of faith in students, and witnessing to one’s own Christian faith in ways that connect with the biblical and faith traditions of the UCC.
- Prior experience in Christian Education
- A demonstrated ability to recruit and coordinate volunteers
- A loving knowledge of scripture and a passion for teaching
- Commitment to prayer, worship and service
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field)
- M.Div., preferred
- Proficiency with social media and Microsoft applications
This is a part-time position that will require a commitment of 20-25 hours a week (including a minimum of 3-4 hours on Sundays) and a one-week summer mission trip
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com