Trinity United Methodist Church, a vital, growing congregation in suburban Chicago, seeks a Director of Youth Ministries. This position is part time (15 hours/week), and will involve both online and in person experiences of ministry and connection. For more information and/or to apply, please contact Rev. Wendy Hardin Hermann: email@example.com
Job Summary: The Coordinator of Communications is responsible for providing leadership, direction and resourcing for the implementation and maintenance of all social media and electronic media/communication.
- Coordinate social media outreach plan including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Promote and publicize church events/ministries through various media and communication outlets.
- With volunteers and office staff, coordinate connections between weekly email, mass texts, website, social media and print communications
- Develop and maintain creative methods for connecting with our congregation and community—i.e. church app for smartphones
- Coordinate photography, videography, and use of photos/videos for publicity and communication
- Coordinate with Office Administrator for all communication
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Be available, as needed, for special events
- Ability to produce creative, concise and engaging communications
- Ability to think creatively about offering a communications message to the congregation and wider community
- Diverse knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with online ministry needs and opportunities for connection
- Knowledge and ability to work with PowerPoint/Canva, and other software programs as needed
- Knowledge and experience with mass email and texting
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word and Publisher
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with volunteers in ministry
- Part-time, with flexible work and office hours