Director of Children and Family Ministries
We are looking to embrace a new approach to Children and Family Ministry in the next chapter of our life together at fpcw - one that is more missional and invitational, one in keeping with the rapidly-changing landscape of the 21st century. This is a reflection of our desire to do things differently - to empower children and families to form their faith in fresh and imaginative ways. This role will work collaboratively with staff and the Children and Family Ministry Group (CFMG), develops, implements, and oversees age appropriate children’s ministry programming and relationship building, doing so in new, creative ways.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Nurture the faith development of our youngest children pre-school through 4th grade
- Build intentional relationships with and among children and families, inviting and equipping them with tools to live out their faith
- Seek meaningful ways to incorporate children into the larger ministry of the church (e.g. worship, mission, fellowship)
- Develop and implement creative, engaging, developmentally-appropriate programming
- Infant and Toddler
- Work with personnel department to staff nursery for Sunday morning worship
- Engage children and families in the church and community, facilitating weekday drop-in playgroup (Sonshine Tots)
- Pre-K through 4th Grade
- In consultation with the CFMG, create and source Scripture-based Sunday school curriculum
- Recruit, schedule, and equip Sunday school teachers
- Work collaboratively with other area church youth staff to plan for and execute Vacation Bible School, recruiting volunteers as needed
- Celebrate children’s faith journeys through events including but not limited to the gifting of Bibles to 3rd graders during worship, communion exploration, and prayer workshops
- Create opportunities for children and families to anchor their faith lives in the liturgical year, exploring church seasons such as Advent, Lent, and Pentecost
- Parents of Young Children
- Communicate with parents regularly, with clarity and warmth
- Empower and encourage parents to model faithful living throughout the week
- Develop fellowship and faith-building opportunities for parents of young children, with support of church leadership and staff
Compensation and Evaluation
The role is a non-exempt hourly employee position without medical or pension benefits. It is expected that the job will be performed in 20 hours per week.
Job Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Strong Christian faith, exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
- An understanding and appreciation of childhood developmental stages
- Initiative, flexibility, and a team-player mentality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working with children up to age 11, preferred
This job description is not be construed to imply that these responsibilities and requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Personnel Chair, Amy McJoynt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.