Lectures and Conferences
All on campus lectures take place at 11:10 a.m. in room 205 of Garrett-Evangelical’s Main Building, unless otherwise noted. Lectures are recorded and available on the seminary’s YouTube channel with the lecturer’s approval. Conferences are typically held in the Chapel of the Unnamed Faithful and various classrooms throughout Garrett-Evangelical’s Main Building. You will be able to find more information about the conferences in the fall. Portions of these conferences will be recorded and with each speaker’s permission we will post their addresses on the seminary’s YouTube channel.
- March 14-15, 2018: Cátedra Paulo Freire "Resistencia: Contesting Racist Legacies" featuring Dr. Donaldo Macedo, Professor of English and a Distinguished Professor of Liberal Arts and Education at the University of Massachusetts Boston
- March 20, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. | Chapel of the Unnamed Faithful: "Pushing Limits on the Body" | Lecture by Dr. Pamela Lightsey, Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs at Meadville Lombard Theological Seminary
- April 3, 2018: Sabbatical Lecture by Dr. Reginald Blount, Assistant Professor of Formation, Youth, and Culture
- April 17, 2018: Sabbatical Lecture by Dr. Lucy Chung, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Theology and Director of the Styberg Library
- April 24, 2018: "Reclaiming the Subversive Nature of Baptism" | Sabbatical Lecture by Dr. Osvaldo Vena, Professor of New Testament Interpretation