Certificates and Non-Degree Applicants
Alongside Garrett’s robust degree offerings, the seminary also hosts a series of certificate programs and non-degree coursework opportunities. Garrett students have used these non-degree opportunities for a variety of vocational goals:
- To continue discerning a Garrett degree program by participating in actual Garrett Seminary courses.
- To complete ordination requirements that are still outstanding.
- To discover a class (or series of classes) that can enhance your ministry context, or offer personal enrichment for your life, leadership and thinking.
Garrett offers the following four certificate programs:
- Child Advocacy
- Christian Education
- Evangelism and Church Planting
- United Methodist Professional Certification in Spiritual Formation
Applications for Garrett certificates are accepted on a rolling basis, and must include the following:
- A completed bachelor’s degree
- A completed online application form
- Transcripts from all previous undergraduate/graduate coursework
- Requirement for UMC Spiritual Formation Applicants Only:
- Once you have received your acceptance letter from Garrett-Evangelical, download and complete the enrollment form from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) found here. Send copies of your completed GBHEM enrollment form to your annual conference’s Board of Ordained Ministry and to the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, Certification in Specialized Ministry, P.O. Box 340007, Nashville, TN 37203-0007.
Non-Degree Enrichment Courses
If you are looking to take non-degree courses at Garrett, even if you are still discerning whether theological education is the right next step for you, filling out an Enrichment Application and the Bachelor’s Verification Form is your next step. As an Enrichment student, you can take up to five courses for your own personal exploration or professional enrichment.