Guidance on Health and Testing
- Your primary care physician is the best resource for questions about your health and appropriate testing; please consult your doctor if you have symptoms or suspect exposure. For medical emergencies, call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel that you may have COVID-19.
- Illinois Department of Public Health has issued guidance for qualifying for testing and compiled a list of locations offering testing.
Testing Site Locations
The following testing site locations near Garrett's campus have been identified for your convenience. Note that requirements vary by testing site, and you may be required to obtain a test order from your primary care physician. Some locations may charge for testing and/or a physician’s evaluation of your symptoms. Please refer to the information provided by each site prior to visiting.
- IDPH Harwood Heights
State of Illinois drive-thru testing site. No appointment required but limited capacity.
- 6959 West Forest Preserve Drive, Chicago.
- Phone: 1-800-889-3931
- NorthShore University Health System
Testing available by appointment with doctor’s order.
- Multiple Evanston locations including 2650 Ridge Avenue and 1729 Benson Avenue
- Phone: 847-432-5849
- Erie Evanston Skokie Health Center
Testing available to existing patients, by appointment only.
- 1285 Hartrey Avenue, Evanston.
- Phone: 312-666-3494
- AMITA Health St. Francis Hospital Outpatient Testing Site
Drive-through testing available with doctor’s order.
- 355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston.
- Phone: 855.692.6482
- Howard Brown Health
No appointment needed
- Multiple locations, including 6500 N. Clark Street, Chicago.
- Phone: 773-388-1600
- AHS Family Health Center
Drive-through testing available with doctor’s order, by appointment only.
- 8800 Lockwood Avenue, Skokie.
- Phone: 1-800-597-5077
- Physicians Immediate Care Clinics
Curbside evaluation and testing available.
- multiple locations, including 6140 North Broadway, Chicago.
- Phone: Varies by location