Youth Pastor Job Description (Part-Time)
Galilee United Methodist Church is looking for a Youth Pastor.
Youth Pastor General Qualifications
1. Profession of faith in Christ as his/her Savior
2. A sense of God's calling to Youth/Children's Ministry
3. Experience in Youth/Children's Ministry, or at least some (even non-formal)
experience working with kids.
4. Agreement with our Church and Denomination's Doctrine
5. Understanding this is a Part Time position, with Part Time pay
6. Positive References
7. A desire to serve God
8. A valid Driver's License with no active "points" (a clean record)
9. A clean Criminal Background Check
1. The Youth Pastor shall be responsible for ministry to the children and youth of
2. The Youth Pastor should be sensitive and attentive to the Spiritual and Emotional
needs of the Youth and Children in his/her care.
3. Lessons taught should be Scriptural based, doctrinally and Biblically sound, with
an Evangelical emphasis.
4. Pursuant to these the Youth Pastor shall prepare and teach the youth Sunday
School Class and the Friday Night Youth Meeting.
5. The Youth Pastor should also plan with the Christian Education various outings
through the course of the year for the Youth and be the Primary Leader for such
6. The Youth Pastor should in co-ordination with the Christian Ed plan and
implement the Youth/Children's Christmas Musical.
7. The Youth Pastor should plan on attending/chaperoning the youth at Youth
Retreats in summer and in winter...if at all possible!
8. The Youth Pastor should help publicize up-coming Youth Events.
9. The Youth Pastor should present a report of youth and children's activities, as
needed or called upon, to the Administrative Council.
10.The Youth Pastor should always feel free to consult with the Pastor or parents
about any matters of question or concern.
11.The Youth Pastor's conduct should be exemplary of a faithful Christian Life.
Location: 1696 McGovern Ave., Highland Park, IL 60035
Contact: Rev. Mosung Eam
Thursday, October 24, 2019
United Methodist Church (UMC)