Eden Prairie United Methodist Church (EPUMC) is in search of a part-time Youth Minister (10 hours/week) who will create an inclusive and welcoming environment for the youth in grades 6 – 12 and their families. If you have a love for Jesus and a passion to see youth mature in spiritual growth while supporting their families in their Christian faith, you are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Youth Minister
EPUMC Vision: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
EPUMC Staff Mission: With a servant’s heart, we will enthusiastically support the spiritual transformation of the people of Eden Prairie United Methodist Church by building relationships and empowering people to make a unique difference in God’s world. Big enough to make a difference, small enough to care.
Position Description: Create an inclusive and welcoming environment for the youth and their families to learn how to live as followers of Jesus through a United Methodist perspective, that builds and sustains relationships in Christian community.
Reports to: Pastor
Success Means: Repeat participation by the youth and their families in the youth programs of EPUMC which result in engagement with other ministries and programs Youth will be able to express connections between their faith in Jesus and their life.
- Initiating and growing relationships with the youth of EPUMC, such that there is substantial attendance at each event and repeat attendance by youth.
- Involvement of the parents in programming as servants to grow the ministry as measured by servants and repeat attendance.
- Inviting and growing the participation of members of the church who do not have youth in the program in growing Christian community and their servant's heart by offering their God-given gifts and talents in serving, such that participation of this group in Youth Ministries increases.
- Inviting the participation of youth from outside the church to join programing, creating an environment where they feel welcome, such that participation and engagement increases.
- Build cohesive thematic curriculum in coordination with the ministries that complement music and children's ministry programs and the pastor's current message series, such that youth are able to express a growing faith.
- Use technology and social media to reach youth and their families through digital ministries that grows engagement and Christian community as measured by social media data, parental feedback, and increased participation.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with youth
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn and live into a United Methodist expression of growing youth and their families in the Christian faith
- Ability to present in front of small/large groups
- Able to perform work duties primarily on Wednesdays and Sundays
- Experience and success in directing / leading a youth ministry program
- Experience in developing youth curriculum
- Possess strong organizational skills and show the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Working application of various technologies in a faith setting
- Inclusive character
- An un-apologetic energy for inviting participation and servants
- Ability to recruit, train and manage servants
- Inviting Feedback
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop relationships
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Work under stress
- Knowledge and understanding of different abilities – Autism Spectrum, ADD, ADHD, etc. – and the ability to provide inclusive activities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the landscape of life for LGBTQ + youth
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Eden Prairie United Methodist Church
15050 Scenic Heights Rd.
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Facebook: Eden Prairie United Methodist Church