Youth and Family Ministry Director
We are looking to grow our children and youth programs. Christ United Methodist Church (CUMC) in Deerfield seeks an energetic, creative person, to serve as our Youth and Family Ministry Director and to re-energize our Youth/Children/Family Program.
Your primary duties will be to oversee the nursery and develop curriculum and programs for the religious education of our pre-k – 12th grade youth. Considering changes due to COVID 19, it is unlikely that worship will continue exactly as it did before, and you will be a part of developing what it will look like for CUMC youth. This is a part time position, with an expectation of approximately 20 hours per week for work and planning. You will work under the supervision of the senior pastor and in cooperation with other staff members.
- Design, organize and lead systematic and intentional religious instruction for children and youth.
- Communicate a vision of youth ministry and advocate for youth and youth ministry within and outside the church, educating young people in justice and community service.
- Assist senior pastor in organizing the Confirmation program.
- Develop, design and lead outreach programs and retreats for youth and their families.
- Share faith and lead others to do the same.
- Model acceptance and welcome to all.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the Bible so that appropriate religious education can be provided to youth and their teachers
- Ability to build relationship with youth and families
- Acceptance of being part of a reconciling (fully inclusive and welcoming) congregation
- Organization and time-management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of current youth culture and desire to keep ahead of the curve with where that culture is headed
- Ability to integrate social media and technology into activities and interactions with the children, youth, congregation and beyond.
- Leadership skills
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to: SPRC (Staff-Parish Relations Committee) Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail to: SPRC Chair at CUMC, 600 Deerfield Road, Deerfield, IL 60015