Worship Technology Lead
Eden Prairie United Methodist Church (EPUMC) is in search of a part-time Worship Technology Lead (6 hours/week) who will support the church’s digital discipleship goals through the implementation and management of the weekly worship livestream services. If you have a passion for combining your faith with your technology skills, you are encouraged to apply!
Job Title: Worship Technology Lead
EPUMC Vision: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
EPUMC Staff Mission: With a servant’s heart, we will enthusiastically support the spiritual transformation of the people of Eden Prairie United Methodist Church by building relationships and empowering people to make a unique difference in God’s world. Big enough to make a difference, small enough to care.
Position Description: Create a consistently high quality live streamed and online experience of our live worship events.
Reports to: Pastor
Success Means: Live worship events will be consistently and successfully produced in real time, both live and livestreamed on our chosen platform. Live worship events will be archived in a timely manner for the online community to access and engage with at a time of their choosing.
Objectives: Prepare for livestreaming of worship events such that servants, equipment and technology are consistently and adequately ready
- Recruit, train and schedule media servants for the sound / audio / livestream booth for Worship events
- Produce the recorded live worship such that the online community can easily and consistently access and engage with the worship event.
- Assess and evaluate data / metrics from church digital ministry sites for trends of effectiveness of the livestreaming ministry, and report findings to leadership for use in development of future adaptations.
- Maintain and evaluate audio, visual and digital equipment for hybrid worship such that worship is being livestreamed and recorded with appropriate, up-to-date equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with staff and servants in the worship ministry areas, assuring details are anticipated, prepared for and managed for high quality, in person, livestreamed and recorded worship.
- Prior successful experience with livestream equipment and the process of livestreaming events.
- Prior demonstrated experience with sound mixing, presentation software, and video editing such that this has become an accomplished skill set.
- Ability to work on Sunday mornings when it is anticipated 80% of the work effort of this position will occur in a 4-hour work period.
- A strong, growing faith in Jesus that is expressed in an inclusive manner.
- Experience with vMix Production software, PTZ cameras and NDI live video over IP technology
- Experience with livestreaming worship or events with both music and spoken word
- Inclusive character
- An un-apologetic energy for inviting participation and servants
- Ability to recruit, train and manage servants
- Inviting Feedback
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop relationships
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Work under stress
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eden Prairie United Methodist Church
15050 Scenic Heights Rd.
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Facebook: Eden Prairie United Methodist Church