Transitional Associate Pastor
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) of Clarendon Hills, IL is seeking a full-time Transitional Associate Pastor for a term of up to 2 years to support our congregation. Community Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation that is centered around living the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, community, and our journey of faith. The church is located in the village of Clarendon Hills, a southwestern suburb only a train ride away from Chicago. Clarendon Hills gives you a village feel in a suburban area.
CPC’s is a well-established congregation with a diverse variety of worship, educational and mission related programs and we are seeking an enthusiastic and thoughtful pastor to work with our staff and congregation through this transition.
Essential functions for this role include:
- Actively participate in leading and planning worship services including preaching once or more per month
- Mission and Outreach – Collaborate with internal committees on our mission program and goals, identify ways to engage our church community in the mission work (local to global) and maintain our existing mission partnerships.
- Adult Education – Coordinate with the Adult Education Committee on the adult education program including program design and assessment, lead some programs and identify outside resources to support others with a goal of reaching a broad spectrum of adults in our church community including Adult, Family and College programs as well as Bible studies and devotionals.
- Membership integration – Collaborate with the Membership Committee to identify strategies to reach new members and welcome and engage them into our church community. Teach new membership classes.
- Lead our Confirmation “Disciples” Class. Assist our Director of Youth and Family Ministries in youth programming.
The best candidate for this position:
• Has a personal relationship with God
• Is a person of prayer, personal integrity, and joy
• Acts as a good model and teacher of the faith
• Has the ability to relate to and work well with church members
• Is an enthusiastic and engaged partner with staff and other leaders
• Possesses a deep sense of calling to ministry
• Exhibits strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
Education and experience:
• Master of Divinity Degree required
• Minimum of three years’ congregational ministry experience in a mainline reformed tradition
A competitive compensation package including full benefits is offered. Interested candidates should
Thursday, January 30, 2020
Clarendon Hills Community Presbyterian Church