St. Jacobi Congregational Church, Richfield, Wisconsin is seeking a part-time senior minister.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics
- Willing to minister in the Congregational Way
If a candidate is not familiar with The Congregational Way, training is available through The Congregational Foundation for Theological Studies (CFTS). St. Jacobi will support this training with tuition assistance and travel assistance (if necessary).
- Vision of the Future
As our congregation ages, we are seeking ways to actively engage our young families and also ways to reach out to new members.
Our called minister will be asked to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ through Sunday sermons as well as living a prayerful life.
- Sound Character
We are looking for a person of Biblical integrity who can lead by example.
- Ability to Counsel
We are a multi-generational church. Our minister must be able to relate to all ages.
Has a heart for reaching out to and connecting with both members and non-members
Our called minister should have a heart filled with love and joy.
- Effective Communicator
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Divinity from an accredited seminary is preferred but not required. We would consider a seminary student.
- Lead the congregation in weekly worship and celebrate Communion once a month. Also, lead special services such as Christmas, Easter and mid-week Lenten services.
- Provide sermons that include Biblical content but also reflect every day personal issues/items.
- Teach us to pray and pray for us.
- In coordination with the Sunday School Director and the Music Director, assist in planning our once-monthly family worship.
- Provide Children’s message as part of our once-monthly family worship and be able to relate to our children and youth.
- Preside over funerals, weddings and baptisms as needed.
- Facilitate Bible Study – frequency to be determined.
- Reach out to homebound members or members who are hospitalized, providing Communion if requested.
- Provide care and counseling to church members.
- Encourage visitors to join.
- Be an active participant in our church functions and activities.
- Participate in the Wisconsin Congregational Association Meetings and attend the National Association of Christian Congregational Church’s Annual Meeting.
- Participate in monthly Church Council meetings
- Prepare our weekly newsletter “Tidings”
- Prepare our weekly Order of Worship
- Flexible office hours of one day per week
Our church and our church culture
St. Jacobi Congregational Church is located in Richfield, Wisconsin. Founded in 1851, we are in the heart of the Kettle Moraine area of Wisconsin and we are a small, but vibrant, worshipping community approximately 25 miles northwest of Milwaukee. We are a Christ-centered church and enjoy worshipping in a traditional manner using the Revised Standard Lectionary most Sundays as the basis for our worship. Our called minister should be able to honor our heritage and tradition but also be open to embrace technology and help lead us into the 21st century.
This is a part-time position and the salary range is between $24,000 and $30,000 depending on education and experience. Questions or resumes can be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Bob Laubenheimer, at email@example.com