Position Title: Program Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Date Posted: September 11, 2020
Position Summary: The Program Director is responsible for the overall direction, management, and implementation of AR Kids Read (AKR) programming. The Program Director reports to the Executive Director. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, oversight and implementation of in-school programming to foster grade-level reading and building, involving and supporting the AKR volunteer network.
Organization: Founded in 2012, AR Kids Read in a nonprofit organization with the vision of EVERY child reading on grade level. Located in Little Rock, Arkansas (but currently working remotely), we provide support to 400+ students in 30+ schools and out of school programs in four Arkansas counties. We accomplish our mission through the 200+ community members who serve as volunteers, and the AKR Partners who support our work. For more information, please visit www.arkidsread.org.
• Regularly communicate with team members, including weekly staff team meetings, quarterly team retreat meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
• Actively engage and energize the AR Kids Read team, volunteers, board members, school communities, and donors in our in-school programming.
• Support AR Kids Read through participation in fundraising events, tours, meeting with current or potential funders or donors, news stories, thank you letters, gifts, and/or events for volunteers and supporters, assistance with grant proposals, and identification of needs and communication of relevant stories.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The Program Director will be thoroughly committed to AR Kids Read’s vision and mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, management, and program development experience as well as proven experience in programs that work with students. Concrete, demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
• At least two years of experience working in a management position in a program or organization; experience with training and assessment/evaluation preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred
• Ability to effectively work with others, especially community members and staff
• Experience with conflict resolution
• Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and CRMs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project development skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Must be able to lift 30lbs
• Must pass drug test and submit to background checks, including child maltreatment
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week). Starting salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Employee will receive paid vacation and sick leave in addition to paid leave when the office is closed, including approximately seven business days for Winter Break. The opportunity for individual healthcare coverage is available. To apply, please email a resumé and cover letter to Dr. Dionne Jackson, AR Kids Read’s Executive Director, at email@example.com and reference “Program Director” in the subject line. We will accept resumés until the position is filled.