Organization Description: St. Peter United Church of Christ in Lake Zurich, Illinois is a congregation
who seeks to offer diverse opportunities for all (ages, orientation, genders, political/theological
perspectives, etc) to belong, engage, and act out their Christian faith.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time (10-15 hours/week) including occasional evening and/or weekend duties
Position Summary: The Pastoral Assistant supports the Senior Pastor in fostering a community of
love, trustworthiness, and support rooted in the love of God (Creator, Son, and Holy Spirit).
1) Marketing/Communications: Assist the Senior Pastor in the implementation of marketing and
• Create social media posts (Facebook, Instagram) and maintain accounts
• Design marketing materials (posters, postcards) for church events
• Build visual presentations for worship services (Google Slides, Proclaim)
• Ensure bulletin boards are attractively designed and maintained
2) Ministry Coordination: Assist the Senior Pastor in supporting the church’s teams.
• Create calendars and other administrative materials for teams
• Source and purchase materials needed for ministries and events
• Ensure the church environment is clean, organized, and set-up
3) Member Engagement: Assist the Senior Pastor in fostering the engagement of St. Peter’s
• Ensure all visitors receive welcome materials in a timely manner
• Identify members’ talents and ways in which those gifts can be used
• Organize volunteers for various tasks
4) Occasional gatekeeper.
• Demonstrates a strong personal faith in God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• Welcomes and embraces all, no matter who they are or where they are on their journey.
• Creative, outside the box thinker
• Proactive, self-directed worker with strong organizational, time-management, and
• Warm and effective verbal and written communicator and collaborator
• Team player with sense of humor, flexibility, and stamina
• Pass a background check and meet nepotism policy criteria
• MS Office proficient, working knowledge of a graphic design program, social media savvy
• Access to personal vehicle for occasional errands
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Regularly stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
or crouch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Uses standard office equipment
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
St. Peter UCC
United Church of Christ (UCC)