Multi-Congregational Youth Director
Four congregations are partnering to create a multi-congregational youth ministry that will exist independently to serve Morris Area and Stevens County (and a little of Pope County). This position is fully funded for the first year (and the eventually the second) and will transition into being a budgeted portion of each congregation’s outreach giving as its own non-profit organization.
The youth director is the executive director of Stevens County Christian Youth in Morris and the surrounding communities. The youth director will coordinate with the youth board and local churches to organize and facilitate youth programming for 6-8th and 9-12th grade students. Programming and events will include weekly, monthly, and yearly events locally, nationally, and abroad. The director will invite and train adult leaders, develop youth leaders, delegate responsibilities for logistics and events, and act as a facilitator of community and relationships between youth, leaders, and the wider community. The director is someone who identifies gifts in others and connects those gifts to programming and needs for the greater good of the community and individuals in the name of Jesus Christ.
These four congregations are looking to bring in an experienced youth director to build a program. This program is a new start and along with a major grant, we have secured funding from all four congregations to fully fund this staff position until it is a budgeted outreach and a regular fixture in our community. Local pastor with over a decade of youth and Family Ministry experience will be mentoring the staffer and volunteers from all four congregations (3 ELCA and 1 UMC/UCC) are excited to participate. Our four congregation have around 150 6-12th graders primarily in one school district.
- This position will be a salaried full-time position meeting Southwest MN synod pay guidelines, for program staff, considering education, and years experience as described on page 11 of the SWMN synod guidelines. Comparable pay in this case will be that of local K-12 teachers.
- Benefits – Health, Dental, Retirement, Life Insurance through Portico Benefits – an outreach of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Continuing Ed. 1 week, 3 weeks vacation 1-5 years experience, more by years experience.
- Sick leave prorated 1 day per month with medical leave as per synod guidelines, if necessary
- Mileage at the federal rate to $500 and professional Expenses $500.
Work to further the mission and vision of Stevens County Christian Youth
Develop vital relationships with students and adults in the community
Foster a safe and open faith community for 6-8th and 9-12th grade students
Invite and foster adult and youth leaders for relational ministry
Plan and execute youth events for 6-8th graders and 9-12th graders on and off-site
Model Christian faith in word and deed
Walk with students in their faith journeys – through presence, support, education, and events
Identify needs and opportunities for MCYP to engage in ministries of service, fellowship, and worship.
Coordinate students, congregations, and MCYP communication digitally and in hard copy.
Build relationships with clergy and congregations for the sake of creating ministry in Stevens County and the Glacial Ridge Conference.
Participate in fundraising, community, and congregational events as deemed necessary
Report to the Board of Directors for MCYP
Report to Pastoral Supervisor
- BA or BS Degree
- MA in Youth Ministry preferred but not required
- Theological Education or Religious studies preferred but not required
- Experience in youth and family ministry or young adult ministry
- Experience and knowledge of Relational Ministry
- Computer skills and comfort with social media and digital communication
- Professionalism and integrity on the job and in daily life.
- Patience with students, flexibility, and a high capacity for joy, fun, and fellowship
- Creativity and patience to allow community to develop organically and change as necessary
Please send cover letter and resume to Pastor Chris Richards at Trinity Lutheran of Cyrus, MN.
Tlcprchris@gmail.com / 320.297.1602 / TLCcyrus.com