Have a passion for caring for others in need?! Do you want to share God’s love with others?!
Apply to be the Ministry Assistant at 1st Presbyterian Church, Deerfield!
As the world rises from the changes brought about by the COVID pandemic, First Presbyterian is looking for a caring, positive leader who loves Christ’s people and is interested in general pastoral duties including pastoral care, teaching, preaching and other areas of interest. If you are confident of the relevance of the Church in today’s world, are committed to care giving, outreach and blessing the world we would love to have you join our team to help us care, equip, and spread God’s good in the world.
First Presbyterian Church of Deerfield
824 Waukegan Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
The Ministry Assistant will work closely with the Pastor to assist in care delivery, worship leadership, and other general pastoral duties. This is a part-time position (15-20 hours a week) with shared responsibility—alongside pastor, staff, deacons, Stephen ministers, and other volunteer led committees and councils for the upbuilding of church membership and the broader community.
· Assist the Pastor in effective pastoral care ministry at FPCD
· Provide regular worship leadership and participate in creative worship development
· Assist the staff and laity in the development and implementation of small groups of care and discipleship (s
· Coordinate and direct care delivery for active and inactive members, visitors and new members, working with existing Deacons Board, Stephen Ministers and staff.
· Participate with and equip leadership for outreach, fellowship and congregational care with existing teams
· Develop and maintain a gift inventory and network of church and community resources for the enrichment and support of growth in discipleship.
Requirements and Skills
· Master of Divinity or enrollment and progress in M.Div. program
· Commitment to collaborative, creative, and innovative ministry in a flexible work environment.
· Relevant experience in a church, hospital, or ministry setting.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Computer proficiency and strong competence in social media platforms
· Creativity, organization, diligence and compassion are musts
· Flexible hours per week but generally the role would require 20 hours/week including Sundays as scheduled
· Website: firstpresdf.org
· Salaried, commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1st Presbyterian Church, 824 Waukegan Road, Deerfield, IL 60015, Attn. Ministry Assistant.