Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator
Position Title: Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator
Classification: Nonexempt, Part-time (5-6 hours/week on Sunday morning)
Reports to: Director of Children & Family Ministry and SPRC
Summary: Coordinate early childhood ministry, supervise early childhood staff, support volunteer leaders, and provide care for infants and children through 2nd grade. Lead Christian education using approved curricula and multisensory learning tools. Child care includes supervising play, maintaining a safe, hospitable environment, and demonstrating God’s love to families with young children. Respond to unexpected events and emergency situations with objectivity, reason, patience and confidence. Pass a Trusted Employees Background Screen. Complete CPR/AED/First Aid and Safe Church training and follow safety procedures. Perform some administrative duties.
- Establish and build loving Christian relationships with children.
- Complete advance preparation: read the lesson overview, pray, test a/v equipment, copy coloring pages, gather craft supplies, locate story books and prepare games to supplement the lesson.
- Lead children’s activities: read and discuss Bible stories, show DVD, lead songs, games, and crafts; play and pray with children.
- Curriculum will be determined by Director of Children & Family Ministry.
Communication with families, staff & volunteers:
- Greet children & parents on Sunday morning; create an environment of warmth & hospitality.
- Obtain Student Registration information from families and forward updates to staff.
- Support and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff.
- Report child/family issues and concerns to staff each week.
Administration & Facility maintenance:
- Deliver monthly volunteer and staff timesheets and attendance records to Education Director.
- Monitor and report facility issues to Office Administrator including water leaks and/or damage to ceiling, walls, windows, and floor; waste disposal: trash, diapers, recycling.
- Monitor supplies in all three rooms: disinfecting wet wipes, baby changing wipes, diapers, paper towels, hand soap, hand sanitizer, protective gloves, snacks, small cups, toilet paper, tissues, pencils, pens, paper, crayons, etc.
- Ensure that tables and learning tools are clean, allergen-free, age appropriate & faith-related.
- Ensure that rooms are in order, store a/v equipment, and return craft supplies to Art Room.
Education & Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience caring for infants through elementary age children in a church or other Christian setting.
Send resume and salary requirements to: TUMCcareers@gmail.com or Trinity United Methodist Church, 605 W. Golf Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056