Director of Youth Ministries
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR WILDWOOD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Position: Director of Youth Ministries (part time)
The Director of Youth Ministries ministers to the youth of our church and community in Middle
School and High School. (S)he develops, implements and administers youth ministry programs
designed to meet the spiritual, social and emotional needs of our youth.
1. Serves as the youth leader for all Middle School and High School youth including but not
limited to weekly youth group gatherings, retreats and educational activities throughout the year.
2. Maintains regular communication with youth, parents and the congregation concerning youth
3. Recruits and equips adult advisors from within the congregation to regularly help with youth
group, meetings and other activities.
4. Teaches, models and encourages application of basic Christian values to life situations.
5. Works efficiently and effectively in team situations.
6. Plans and prepares weekly lessons for Sunday School and youth group teaching.
7. Leads projects involving youth and youth programs, including fundraising.
Reports to the Head of Staff Pastor and the Director of Christian Education. The Director of
Christian Education submits regular reports to the Christian Education committee of the session
regarding the work of the Director of Youth Ministries. The personnel committee serves as a
support and evaluating group, using input from the Head of Staff Pastor, Director of Christian
Education and any additional pertinent committee members.
The personnel committee reviews work objectives and performance at least annually, using
fulfillment of the above responsibilities as a guide. The personnel committee annually reviews
the adequacy of compensation and make recommendations for change to the session.
The Director of Youth Ministries works 18 to 20 hours per week. Bi-weekly hours are reported
to the Office Manager.
Thursday, September 5, 2019
Wildwood Presbyterian Church