Director of Youth Ministries
Director of Youth Ministries, Part-time position, 12-15 hours, weekly to include Sunday morning program.
Job Summary/Purpose: The youth director coordinates ministry with and to students in middle and high school that serves to deepen the faith development of youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve to coordinate ministry of education for the faith formation to include the selection of curriculum, recruitment of adult volunteer teachers and scheduling in cooperation with pastor, Director of Children & Family Ministries and Discipleship Ministries Team
2. Serve to coordinate ministry of youth fellowship with pastor, staff, parents, adult volunteers and Discipleship Ministries Team which includes nurture of students, faith development, social activities, mission and service projects
3. Develop and manage effective and appropriate communication channels: email, text, website, social media, etc.
4. Develop and manage youth calendar of events
5. Provide staff leadership and/or support to youth fundraising events
6. Manage and monitor youth attendance and involvement in all church related ministries and events
7. Oversee youth ministries program including mission trip(s) and related budgets
8. Attend and participate in staff meetings and general event ministries of the church as availability permits
9. Develop and recruit volunteers for youth related events and ministry needs
1. Abide by the tenets of the church’s Safe Sanctuary policy and seek to provide leadership for its continued usage
2. Work with communication and office staff members on promotional materials for ministry area
1. Must be 21 years or older
2. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of training and experience
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs and the internet are required.
4. Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to problem solve and/or work cooperatively in seeking solutions.
5. Possess the ability to organize and prioritize work
6. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrate professional manner at all times
8. Dependability is expected
9. Will submit to three-month review and six-month review approximate to the day of hiring
1. Possess spiritual maturity.
2. Physically able to perform the duties.
3. Appropriate dress is required. Casual attire, nice jeans (no tears, holes), appropriate to represent church.
4. Possess the ability to organize and prioritize work.
5. Possess a sense of mission and purpose in fulfilling this position.
6. Respectful, friendly, and exhibits appropriate levels of professional confidence.
7. Accept the welcoming statement, vision and mission of The First United Methodist Church.
8. Able to self-monitor, initiate and provide feedback for goal-setting and job development.
The Director of Youth Ministries is hired by the Staff Parish Relations Committee who sets compensation, reviews job performance and decides upon issues of compensation and termination.
Letter of interest, resume and references can be sent to the Rev. David Aslesen: email@example.com or mailed to: First UMC of Park Ridge, attention: Rev. Aslesen, 418 W. Touhy Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068.