Director of Youth Ministries
Working with a team of volunteers and staff, the Director of Youth Ministries will coordinate our Youth
Fellowship Programs for youth of all ages, as well as programs for their families. In addition, the
candidate will preach quarterly.
1. Coordinate and lead all aspects of our Elementary School, Junior High, and Senior High youth
groups in conjunction with volunteers and interns.
2. Coordinate & recruit volunteers to assist with our church's youth fellowships.
3. Collaborate with our Youth Education Staff on various projects as needed
4. Plan, coordinate, and lead special activities such as lock-ins, retreats, and mission projects.
5. Plan, coordinate, and lead our annual Senior High Work Camp trip.
6. Manage Youth Ministry related budgets
7. Collaborate with the Director of Christian Education in the planning and execution of our
8. Coordinate annual youth led worship services and youth participation in worship.
9. Assist the clergy with the supervision of summer interns.
10. Serve as staff liaison to the Intern Support Ministry Team, and other ministry teams as needed.
11. Carry out other such responsibilities as needed.
1. Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Religion, or equivalent theological training preferred
2. Candidate must be outgoing, mature, and organized
3. Some experience working with children and/or youth
Reports to: Associate Minister
Supervises: Director of Christian Education
First Congregational Church of Glen Ellyn
United Church of Christ (UCC)