Director of Youth Ministries
Hours: Part-time position, 12-15 hours, weekly to include Sunday morning program.
Job Summary/Purpose: The youth director coordinates ministry with and to students in middle and high school that serves to deepen the faith development of youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve to coordinate ministry of education for the faith formation to include the selection of curriculum, recruitment of adult volunteer teachers and scheduling in cooperation with pastor, Director of Children & Family Ministries and Discipleship Ministries Team
2. Serve to coordinate ministry of youth fellowship with pastor, staff, parents, adult volunteers and Discipleship Ministries Team which includes nurture of students, faith development, social activities, mission and service projects
3. Develop and manage effective and appropriate communication channels: email, text, website, social media, etc.
4. Develop and manage youth calendar of events
5. Provide staff leadership and/or support to youth fundraising events
6. Manage and monitor youth attendance and involvement in all church related ministries and events
7. Oversee youth ministries program including mission trip(s) and related budgets
8. Attend and participate in staff meetings and general event ministries of the church as availability permits
9. Develop and recruit volunteers for youth related events and ministry needs
Please send letter of resume (email or snailmail) to the Rev. David Aslesen, First UMC of Park Ridge, 418 W. Touhy Ave., Park Ridge, IL, 60068; firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUMC is a reconciling congregation just east of O'Hare and near the Cumberland Ave. stop on the blue line, Metra Line/Park Ridge station.