Director of Youth and Connectional Ministries
With a rich history in beautiful Steamboat Springs, CO, the Heart of Steamboat (HOS) United Methodist Church has been home to family generations for over 100 years. We are a progressive, vibrant, growing church and members of the Reconciling Ministries Network. Steamboat Springs is a resort ski town known for its excellent outdoor recreation, thriving family-friendly community, diverse arts and cultural offerings, and deep western heritage.
The Director will develop and lead Youth Ministry programs, and create and facilitate Connectional Ministries across all age groups. Reporting Structure: The position reports to Senior Pastor, Tim Selby.
Position Purpose and Key Accountabilities:
- To develop, lead and facilitate spiritually meaningful HOS middle and high school youth group experiences, including local mission service and mission trips.
- To create connections and facilitate relationships within the church, across all age groups by:
- Creating and implementing an ongoing small group ministry.
- Identifying and training small group leaders
- Identifying small group resources, long term and short term.
- Developing a method to integrate new members into the life of the church.
- To inspire, guide and assist HOS middle and high school youth in their spiritual growth, including providing pastoral care for youth and families and overseeing confirmation.
- To assist the Senior Pastor in preaching and teaching that support and inspire people's Christian life and is rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To lead in community outreach and engagement with HOS youth and other youth groups.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study. Seminary training or professional ministry certification is a decided plus.
- Fundamentally the candidate needs to have demonstrated a commitment to a theological conviction that all are welcomed and embraced.
- Demonstrated experience in leading youth ministry and small group connections is preferred.
- To be considered, the candidate must possess a desire and enthusiasm for Connectional Ministries in order to provide opportunities for the congregation to engage and interact with each other in meaningful ways.
- Strong organizational skills required to develop volunteer efforts with a vision to grow youth and connectional ministries.
- Work hours are flexible and candidate must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience. Vacation as well as other benefits to be discussed with the selected candidate and relocation assistance may be offered.
Please email resume before April 15, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Open Director Position
Address: PO Box 773748, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477