Director of Music Ministries
Start: Position starts January 1, 2020
Champlin UMC, a progressive, inclusive congregation in the Northwest Metro, is seeking a director of music ministries for all ages.
- Rehearse and conduct adult choir of 12-15 members during school year (September-first Sunday of June)
- Plan and conduct weekly anthems and special music in coordination with pastor and accompanist
- Participate in worship team meetings (3 to 4 times/year)
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Attend occasional leadership meetings per request of pastor (visioning retreat, occasional Leadership Council meetings)
- Lead Refuel band rehearsals (once monthly contemporary service during the school year)
- Recruit additional music leadership (choir members, instrumentalists, community partners)
- Support soloists and small groups (vocal or instrumental) as needed in coordination with accompanist
- Lead music rehearsal portion of Chums (Children’s Christmas musical) in conjunction with director/choreographer (October-early December) and/or other Wednesday night children’s music ministry
- Potential for leading additional small group musical opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or equivalent experience conducting choirs.
- Commitment to inclusive United Methodist theology and practice including usage of inclusive language.
- Minimum three years of work experience with children, youth, and adults required.
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send a letter of interest, resume and three references to:
Rev. Max Richter
921 Downs Road
Champlin, MN 55316
Part-Time, Year Round Average 10-12 hours/week
Contact: Rev. Max Richter
Address: 921 Downs Rd., Champlin, MN 55316