Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
The Well UMC in Rosemount is seeking a full-time director of children, youth, and family ministry.
Using The Well’s framework of Connect/Engage/Send, the director of children, youth, and family ministry will develop and lead a dynamic and comprehensive ministry for children, youth, and their families, with a primary goal of faith formation. The director will work at The Well, which includes all current and future campuses. This position reports to the lead pastor.
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipline, including weekly worship attendance,
small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity and serving out of call and giftedness.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers the position a ministry calling, not simply a job.
- Support the overall mission, vision, beliefs and strategy of The Well.
- Models standards and expectations of Christian leadership, including positivity and professionalism.
- Ability to recruit, form and lead a strength-based team
- Attention to detail, self-starter, commitment to excellence
- Work as an agent of change, not a guardian of the status quo
- Implementation and leadership of the ministries for children, youth and families that will help them grow in their faith of Jesus Christ. This includes the leadership of the programs for Sunday and mid-week experiences. Also, this includes the Wednesday evening programming of The Well’s Children’s School, and the leadership of the Mom’s Morning Out and Parent’s Night Out programs. Also, this includes the leadership of the Vital Sunday evening programming and the leadership of the confirmation program.
- Curriculum selection for necessary programs. The Well is currently utilizing the Orange curriculum.
- Leadership of the Vacation Bible School (VBS) programming during the summer.
- Development of a plan that will increase children and family involvement and leadership at The Well and in the community.
- On a regular basis, connect youth and families with the surrounding communities through local
- service opportunities.
- Development of a plan that will increase youth involvement and student leadership at The Well and in the community.
- Coordination of Missions outreach programs for the children, youth and their families.
- Support and expose the children and youth to UMC Camping experiences.
- Coordination, training, and management of the volunteers that assist in the children, youth and family programs.
- Plan invitational events providing the opportunity for youth to bring friends.
- Contact and connect with children, youth and families on a regular basis.
- Build community and provide appreciation for the small group leaders.
- Partnering and coordinating programs with the God’s Discovery Kids Program (GDK).
- Work with The Well’s administrator to ensure that all children, youth and family ministry volunteers have a current background check (if applicable) and are trained in Safe Sanctuary practices.
- Oversee and manage the budget for Children, Youth and Family Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned, including preaching, pastoral care, etc.
- ENTHUSIASM for ministry and level of participation
- COLLABORATION (teamwork) with other staff and lay leadership
- DEPENDABILITY in meeting deadlines. Assume and complete obligations, work independently
- CREATIVITY to make new recommendations, to make improvements in existing ministry
- FLEXIBILITY in adapting to a vision and new directions, adjusting to change
- RESOURCEFULNESS in utilizing available materials, methods and volunteers
- The successful candidate must be available Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings and
- A United Methodist background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement with the standards, theology and policies of The Well.
- Compensation will be in accordance with level of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters in Youth Ministry or Youth/Families preferred
- Experience in growing a youth ministry
- Experience recruiting, training and leading adult volunteers
Send letter of interest and resume to The Well, a UMC Attn: A. Jones, P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W, Rosemount, MN 55068 or email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com