Director of Children and Youth Ministry
Trinity United Methodist Church (www.trinitywilmette.com), a welcoming community of compassion and faith on suburban Chicago’s North Shore, is seeking a Director of Ministry with Children and Youth to oversee the Christian education program for children, middle school, and high school youth. The position involves providing children and youth with opportunities for mission, service, fellowship, and spiritual growth. The employee in this ministry position reports to the Senior Pastor. Compensation is a competitive salary for 20-30 hours/week, as well as the possibility of health and pension benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with children and youth as a caring Christian.
- Communicate with parents and congregation with appropriate information through email, newsletter, and bulletin announcements.
- Administer Sunday school and Confirmation programs with Safe Sanctuary practices.
- Collaborate with pastor, staff, and appropriate church committees as needed.
- Choose and order appropriate student materials as needed.
- Oversee recruitment of volunteer staff and provide direction and support.
- Work with youth and parents to design and implement youth programs.
- Supervise paid caregivers in the Nursery.
- Lead retreats for youth and organize mission trips and other mission opportunities.
- Establish a relationship and communicate with Staff-Parish Relations Committee liaison as necessary.
- Prepare Children and Youth Ministry budget.
- Network with outside resources (as time permits) at local, district, and conference levels.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Preference for United Methodist background
- Training and/or experience with children and youth ministries desired
Candidates considered for an offer of employment will be required to pass a background check. Interested candidates can submit their resume with references to email@example.com.