Director of Children and Family Ministry
The First United Methodist Church of Palatine is seeking a Christian educator to lead its children and family ministry. This person will work closely with the Pastor, Director of Early Childhood Ministry and other church staff to provide opportunities for Christian growth and development of faith journeys for the children of our church.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Committee to provide meaningful programming for the church families and children.
- Work as a cooperative and collaborative team member of the Palatine First United Methodist Church staff.
- Work with the Vacation Bible School team.
- Provide a leadership role in other areas, as needed.
- Oversee the children’s educational curriculum.
- Develop an annual budget for programming.
- Recruit and train volunteer personnel.
- Other duties include but are limited to: publicity for children’s programs; child advocacy; assisting with administration of the reducing the risk policies pertaining to children’s ministry; ability to use a work computer for normal office functions, word processing, email, presentations, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; have a passion for children’s education in the church; and be able to recruit, train, and support volunteer teachers.
- The director will have the education and/or related experiences that indicate he/she can work with children in a church setting.
- A bachelor’s degree is desired with a minimum of at least 64 college credit hours, 21 of which should be in early childhood education with additional education classes preferred.
Candidates should provide the church with a cover letter expressing interest in the position and a resume showing relevant experience to:
or mail to:
First United Methodist Church of Palatine
Attn: SPRC Search Team
123 N Plum Grove Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
This search will remain open until filled.