Development and Communications Associate
The mission of A Just Harvest is to fight poverty and hunger in the Rogers Park and greater Chicago
community by providing nutritious meals daily while cultivating community and economic development
and organizing across racial, cultural and socio-economic lines in order to create a more just society.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as our Development and Communications
Associate to lead our fundraising, development and communications efforts to advance the work of
AJH. This position requires an individual that is passionate about communicating the mission and
community centered philosophy of AJH to secure funding from foundations, individual donors, and
congregational and organizational partners.
Responsibilities of Position (not exhaustive)
- Serve as lead or supporting writer on grant proposals and reports to support AJH programs
- Cultivate existing and new donor relationships through identifying new leads, generating correspondence, coordinating meetings and facilitating fundraising opportunities for existing and future partnerships
- Track and process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Maintain all contact management databases and systems (Constant Contact/eTapestry/Blackbaud)
- Manage AJH’s website, and social media presence including developing content for print and electronic communications to support all AJH activities (direct service, advocacy, organizing and programing)
- Develop opportunities to engage multiple audiences across media platforms to share the work of AJH
- Develop and implement planned messaging strategy that communicates the work of AJH to multiple partners across multiple media platforms
- Increase the public presence of AJH in all fields related to our work
- Organize and evaluate fundraising events of varying sizes to support the programming of AJH
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and previous experience in a nonprofit organization
- Strong commitment to social and economic justice
- Demonstrated ability to secure funding for a nonprofit organization or relevant experience
- Experience with media campaigns including print and online methods
- Knowledge of the local, state and national philanthropic community
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in major office and social media platforms and fundraising software (eTapestry/Blackbaud)
- Travel required in Chicago (some Springfield) for AJH activities
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes employer paid
health (PPO), dental, short-term disability, and life insurance.
At A Just Harvest community is centered. Ideas become opportunities out of poverty. Skills and gifts
are celebrated and nurtured. Our work is carried out via creative and dedicated staff; faithful and caring
volunteers; generous and visionary supporters; courageous and forward-thinking leaders; and with a
community that is resilient and hopeful. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to email@example.com by May 10th.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
A Just Harvest