I am contacting you to inquire about your alumni’s needs and desires to pursue Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). Our Pastoral Care Department and CPE center is located at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in Charleston, SC. We live the mission of “Healing all people with compassion, faith and excellence.”
We have nearly 30 years of experience providing Clinical Pastoral Education, and our program is accredited through the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE). Our faculty has one ACPE Certified Educator and one ACPE Certified Educator Candidate. Our staff also includes pastoral care managers, staff chaplains, five CPE residents and five to six CPE students for every CPE internship. We offer four CPE programs throughout the year:
1. The Fall CPE Extended Program (Sept-Jan) is a part-time unit.
2. The Winter-Spring CPE Extended Program (Jan-May) is a part-time unit.
3. The CPE Summer Internship Program (May-August / 11 weeks) is a full-time unit with a stipend which could vary depending on hospital budget (Ex. In 2019 and 2020 the stipend was $ 1200.00 dollars per student to assist with housing).
4. The CPE Residency Program (August-August) is a full-time year-long residency. We offer a yearly stipend of $35,568 and competitive employee benefits.
Additionally, we work with all our students to complete the four CPE units required to become board certified eligible. We assist them in preparing their application to become Board Certified as Professional Chaplains. We are willing to negotiate CPE clinical placements agreements with our alumni, and we offer the possibility of doing in-person or Zoom CPE interviews.
We are actively recruiting students for the 2021 CPE programs. We are looking for:
· CPE candidates interested in the Winter-Spring extended unit (Jan – May).
· CPE summer interns (May 31 – August / 11 weeks).
· CPE residents (August 2021-August 2022).
· CPE candidates for the Fall extended unit (August – Jan 2022).
Attached to this email is a CPE brochure with more information about our program and a poster to advertise these CPE educational opportunities. There is a $35.00 application fee. Our tuition is $400 per each single unit of CPE for interns and $800 for the year of CPE residency.
Interested candidates may call and/or email me at:
· Phone: (843) 402-2854
· Email: email@example.com