Contemporary Worship Music Director
Park Ridge Presbyterian Church (PRPC) is a multi-generational and growing congregation with 275+ members located in Park Ridge, Illinois (northwest suburb of Chicago) with a calling to “Engage and Inspire All People to Share God’s Love, Grow in Faith, and Serve as Disciples.” As part of that calling, PRPC is committed to supporting people of all ages in the journey of faith so that they may share God’s love, grow in faith, serve as a disciple, and help others do the same.
The Contemporary Worship Director will work with the Associate Pastor to plan, coordinate and oversee the implementation of a new worship style for PRPC. Essential Functions:
- Provide contemporary worship music leadership for the online service
- Provide special music for in-person services
- Collaborate with the Worship Committee for Special Services
- Train and oversee any additional contemporary worship musicians
- Selecting songs for online worship service in coordination with Associate Pastor
- Supporting the launch and directing the new band, including leading the group through all songs during worship recording, conducting rehearsals, and coordinating musicians and singers for each week. Recruiting new musicians and singers into the band as needed.
- Assisting in the set-up and tear-down of sound equipment before and after rehearsals, recording sessions, and in-person worship services.
- Preparing sheet music/chord charts in advance of rehearsals, keeping music organized, and continually seeking out new songs for the service
- Arranging for a qualified alternative leader when away
- Leading the band to provide special music for in person worship or other gatherings
Core Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong vocal performer
- Ability to play piano or guitar strongly preferred but not required.
- Skilled in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and integrate feedback from multiple people/groups
- Comfortable working in a Presbyterian Church USA congregation
Terms of Employment:
- The contemporary worship director is a contract position for PRPC.
- Up to 10 Hours a week – hours can be flexible week to week
- Compensation – starting hourly rate is $20 an hour
- This is an hourly position
- Additional hours may be available if approved by the senior pastor/head of staff
- The contemporary worship director reports to the associate pastor. Employment contingent upon completion of a background check
- Other terms of employment are outlined in the Park Ridge Presbyterian Church Employment Manual and Policies
Please send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Josh Erickson, Senior Pastor/Head of Staff, at email@example.com to apply for this position. Please contact Rev. Erickson directly with any questions about the position.