Community Support Specialist
The Community Support Specialist provides direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psycho-social rehabilitation. They identify risk factors related to release and develop relapse prevention plans and strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and reviews members’ care plans by identifying goals, objectives, and specific mental health services needed.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such as housekeeping, meal preparation, coping skills, etc.
- Provides support to members with collateral social service agencies and the community.
- Documents services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have:
- High school diploma or GED certificate with 5 years of supervised job-related experience in the field of social services OR Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Pastoral Counseling or related field
- Daily access to a personal vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to provide transportation for members of the program
- Must obtain and maintain liability car insurance of:
- $100,000 per person bodily injury
- $300,000 per accident
- $100,000 property damage
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Paid Time Office Policy (Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days)
- 4 Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403(b) with 3% employer match
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Supervision for Clinical Licensure at no cost (LSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC)