Co-Music Director (Pianist, Organist)
The Co-Music Music Director reports directly to the Pastor. This position is responsible for providing leadership in tandem with the other Co-Music Director (guitarist) of all music ministries in the church to glorify God. The current musical groups include a traditional choir and a contemporary Prince of Peace band called POP Alive Band.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Co-Music Director will collaborate with the Pastor, the other Co-Music Director (guitarist) and Worship Committee on music selection for the Sunday worship services and any special services (i.e. Christmas Eve, Easter, Valentines Fundraising, etc.) including:
- Lead the music groups in worship (Sundays and any special service)
- Chancel Choir sings 3 Sundays per month, September through May
- Work in tandem with Co-Music Director to organize and lead rehearsals with both groups (approximately 2 hours weekly)
- Recruit new volunteer musicians (i.e. vocalists, instrumentalists)
- Hire musicians as needed for special services
- Work with Co-Music Director to prepare and manage the annual music ministry budget for the church
- Work with Co-Music Director to maintain music library
- Participate in worship committee meetings (approximately 4-6 times per year)
- Organized, creative, flexible, and effective communication skills
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with others, particularly the Pastor, the Co-Music Director (guitarist), and the Worship Committee
- Receptive to suggestions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Piano competency required, organ competency desired
- Solid background in choral and instrumental conducting preferred
- Singing ability needed
- Sight reading capability required
- Skilled in using multiple genres of music including Traditional Hymnody, Classical, Jazz, Contemporary to bring individuals of varying musical tastes and backgrounds into realm of spiritual inspiration.
If you are interested in applying or for more information, please contact Tammy Miller, Staff Parish Relations Committee Chairperson, at 847-528-3213.