Wesley Foundation at Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mission statement: The Wesley Foundation at MSU Mankato is dedicated to raising up
generations of dynamic Christians who lead: inviting real people into real ministry in the real
Vision statement: For every student to be a witness to the love and grace of God on the MSU
Mankato campus through their corporate journey toward perfect love: nurturing in students a
holy love of God and of others.
- Passionate WORSHIP as a lifestyle of loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving others as we love ourselves.
- Intentional COMMUNITY that is Christ-centered and welcomes all people into a grace-filled life of communion with Jesus while being encouraged, equipped, and empowered through the Holy Spirit to live out sanctified lives.
- Incarnational OUTREACH that is rooted in scripture as we participate in God’s love for the MSU Mankato campus and for the entire globe: reaching new people and healing a broken world.
April 26, 2019
Job title: Campus Minister (part-time professional staff; ~25 hours per week)
Note: Potential exists for full-time employment in the future.
Start date: July 1, 2018
Purpose: Responsible to the Wesley Foundation at Minnesota State University, Mankato, (WF)
board of directors to fulfill the Foundation’s mission of raising up generations of dynamic
Christians who lead: inviting real people into real ministry in the real world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate a warm and inviting small- and large-group environment conducive to developing dynamic Christian leaders.
- Engage students and assist in shaping and uniting them to understand, receive, grow in, and practice living a Christian faith in the Wesleyan way.
- Organize, prepare, and oversee events and opportunities that tend to the spiritual wellbeing of our students (e.g. small- and large-group gatherings, worship experiences, mentoring relationships, etc.).
- Recruit, develop, train, and supervise a student leadership team, interns, and volunteers to assist in the work of ministry through the Wesley Foundation.
- Work collaboratively with the pastor and youth leader at Hilltop UMC, Mankato, (founding partner) to explore ways for interaction between the two organizations.
- Develop relationships with other churches and other community organizations to identify opportunities for local, national, and global and mission service.
- Leverage community connections to coordinate in-person speaking engagements for the campus minister and student leaders to share stories of transformation and to invite new partnerships.
- Communicate the vision, mission, and ministry of the Wesley Foundation to other faith groups and individuals as well as to churches in the Southern Prairie District and the MN Annual Conference, using a wide variety of media (social media, e-newsletters, website, blog, personal visits, etc.).
- Work alongside WF board of directors to: further the mission of the WF
- develop and monitor the WF budget
- Work with the WF Administrative Task Force to develop, implement, and monitor operating systems for
- fund raising, donor development, and promotions
- finance and communications
- student leader development and training
Perform related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; seminary training preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in leading a campus ministry preferred
- Proficiency in scripture, worship design and leadership, and small group development and facilitation
- Alignment with the doctrine and theology of the Wesleyan tradition
- Active involvement in a local church for at least twelve months
- Demonstrated passion for ministering to college-aged individuals
- Administrative aptitude, including vision casting and financial management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/media communication skills
- Familiarity with fund raising campaigns preferred
Compensation: commensurate with experience, education, and proven results
This position is not eligible for benefits due to its part-time classification.
Conditions of employment: The Wesley Foundation at Minnesota State University, Mankato,
requires all new employee be subject to a criminal background check.
Candidates should submit the following:
1. Letter of interest that addresses qualifications, including call to ministry and engagement in
loving God and others
2. Faith story, including spiritual gifts and church membership
4. Academic transcripts for all college-level education (may be unofficial at this time; successful
candidate will be asked to submit official transcripts at time of hire)
5. Two current letters of recommendation, preferably one pastoral and one professional
Send materials to:
Wesley Foundation at MSU Mankato Search Committee
c/o Hilltop UMC
108 South Manitou Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
Review of applications will begin May 20, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Wesley Foundation at MSU Mankato
United Methodist Church (UMC)