The Wesley Foundation at Minnesota State University, Mankato is seeking a campus minister.
This individual will be responsible to the Wesley Foundation at Minnesota State University, Mankato, (WF) board of directors to fulfill the Foundation’s mission of raising up generations of dynamic Christians who lead: inviting real people into real ministry in the real world.
Duties include student ministry through small and large group gatherings, worship experiences and mentoring relationships. Other key activities include administration (with WF admin task force), marketing, fundraising, and student leadership development.
• Cultivate a warm and inviting small- and large-group environment conducive to developing dynamic Christian leaders.
• Engage students and assist in shaping and uniting them to understand, receive, grow in, and practice living a Christian faith in the Wesleyan way.
• Organize, prepare, and oversee events and opportunities that tend to the spiritual wellbeing of our students (e.g. small- and large-group gatherings, worship experiences, mentoring relationships, etc.).
• Recruit, develop, train, and supervise a student leadership team, interns, and volunteers to assist in the work of ministry through the Wesley Foundation.
• Work collaboratively with the pastor and youth leader at Hilltop UMC, Mankato, (founding partner) to explore ways for interaction between the two organizations.
• Develop relationships with other churches and other community organizations to identify opportunities for local, national, and global and mission service.
• Leverage community connections to coordinate in-person speaking engagements for the campus minister and student leaders to share stories of transformation and to invite new partnerships.
• Communicate the vision, mission, and ministry of the Wesley Foundation to other faith groups and individuals as well as to churches in the Southern Prairie District and the MN Annual Conference, using a wide variety of media (social media, e-newsletters, website, blog, personal visits, etc.).
• Work alongside WF board of directors to:
o further the mission of the WF
o develop and monitor the WF budget
• Work with the WF Administrative Task Force to develop, implement, and monitor operating systems for
o fund raising, donor development, and promotions
o finance and communications
o student leader development and training
Perform related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; seminary training preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in leading a campus ministry preferred
- Proficiency in scripture, worship design and leadership, and small group development and facilitation
- Alignment with the doctrine and theology of the Wesleyan tradition
- Active involvement in a local church for at least twelve months
- Demonstrated passion for ministering to college-aged individuals
- Administrative aptitude, including vision casting and financial management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/media communication skills
- Familiarity with fund raising campaigns preferred
Compensation commensurate with experience, education, and proven results. This position is not eligible for benefits due to its part-time classification.
Candidates should submit the following:
1. Letter of interest that addresses qualifications, including call to ministry and engagement in loving God and others
2. Faith story, including spiritual gifts and church membership
4. Academic transcripts for all college-level education (may be unofficial at this time; successful candidate will be asked to submit official transcripts at time of hire)
5. Two current letters of recommendation, preferably one pastoral and one professional
Send materials to:
Wesley Foundation at MSU Mankato Search Committee
c/o Hilltop UMC
108 South Manitou Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
Open until filled.
Part-time professional staff, ~25 hours per week, with potential for full-time in the future
Contact: John Phelps