The role of the Associate Pastor is to assist the Senior Pastor and Elders in executing the strategic ministry objectives and metrics for a growing mission-focused church. The Associate Pastor will lead in aligning staff and teams with the church’s mission and vision. The Associate Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, activities, and policies of the church align with the church’s mission and vision statements, core values, and strategic objectives. The Associate Pastor will report to the Pastor and will work closely with the church staff, Elders, and Team Leaders.
The Associate Pastor will operate in the following key areas:
1. Business Operations [30%]
- oversees the church finances – supporting the audit team leader, the audit team, and the bookkeeper.
- support the Personnel Team Leader in supervising, hiring staff including independent contractors (in conjunction with any other team leaders), performance reviews of paid staff (If any), resolutions of performance and job responsibilities as required by job descriptions.
- oversees the Team Leaders and supports the teams in setting and assessing their goals to accomplish the mission of the church.
- assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- maintains and coordinates all insurance related matters associated with the church.
- in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Elders, support and execute the church’s strategic plan.
- development of documentation for, and adherence to the Employee/Policy Handbook, and church policies and procedures.
- responds to members, teams and other staff regarding policies and procedures.
- provide financial updates to the Senior Pastor and Elders.
2. Strategic Planning and Leadership [30%]
- secure financial reports from the audit team and bookkeeper to maximize our ministry objectives and visions for the future of our Church
- manage and support ministry teams as needed in conjunction with the Elder assigned to each team.
- schedule and lead leadership team meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- serve as resource to staff and volunteer leadership.
- support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- help define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders.
- assist the staff in developing new ministry programs, as directed by the Holy Spirit, so that the church is appropriately responsive to identified needs and church growth.
- facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of short-term and long-term goals.
3. Facility Operations [15%]
- develop a policy manual and procedure process for all building scheduling requests, and for communicating the church calendar of events for posting on all social media sites, church web site, and internal communication. The official church calendar will be maintained by the Administrative Assistant.
- support the Building and Maintenance, and Grounds Team Leaders in communication and processes for church repairs, maintenance of buildings and grounds, and policy and procedures for building and equipment.
▪ oversees church activities/projects and operations.
4. Elder Liaison [15%]
- serve as a liaison between staff and various ministries to the Elders.
- attend Elder meetings when requested.
5. Miscellaneous Duties [10%]
- serve in leadership as one of the church’s intentional agents of unity across all staff, ministries, and functions to best complete the church’s mission and strategic plan.
- champion the development of systems and infrastructure for all ministry areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- displays strong verbal and written communication skills
- has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- knowledge and experience with budgets, finance and accounting, promoting best practices for transparent church finances
- experience in supervising and training staff
- has the ability to skillfully coordinate the work of a large group of volunteers
- must possess strong organizational skills
- successful completion of a criminal background check and financial background check
The Associate Pastor must be a spiritually mature Christian and actively seeking a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Associate Pastor will actively support LPCC’s core values, mission statement, vision and ministries.
- minimum 3 years in management and supervision
- minimum of 3 years in financial and budget responsibility