Assistant Pastor of Faith Formation
Pilgrim Congregational Church (United Church of Christ) is an active, vibrant, theologically generous, and racially diverse community of faithful people; we are concerned with improving equity and achieving social justice locally and nationally. We desire to create a safe space of welcome and belonging for everyone, a platform from which we can love God, and serve our neighbors in the Oak Park area and beyond.
Through Faith Formation the church seeks to help people, young and old, to grow in their relationship with God, live as disciples of Jesus in the world through engagement in service and mission, develop an understanding of the Bible and our faith tradition, and participate in the life and ministries of our faith community. This position supports the Senior Pastor and lay leadership by organizing and implementing strategies and activities aligned with those objectives.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Provide program development and support to the Ministry of Adult Education, including leading initiatives for growth & teaching classes
- Develop, maintain, and grow small groups
- Maintain and develop our digital communication policy and plan (website, Facebook, potentially other platforms), enhance our visitors welcome & follow-up program, etc.
- Participate in planning and leading worship
- Preach occasionally, roughly 8 times per year
The hours of this position shall be 12 hours per week. This is a contracted position for one year. The contract may be renewed on an annual basis with the consultation of the Senior Pastor and church council.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org