The Joint Religious Legislative Coalition and the Minnesota Council of Churches is seeking a half-time advocacy associate to provide communication, fundraising, organizing, and administrative services to the Joint Religious Legislative Coalition.
Work Environment and Conditions:
Normal office conditions office hours. This position works out of the JRLC office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis.
This is a half-time non-exempt position, subject to scheduled flexibility around our annual Day on the Hill. Hourly rate $16-$17, based on experience. Additional salary possible with development experience. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and pro-rated medical insurance based on personnel policies.
The Joint Religious Legislative Coalition/Minnesota Council of Churches is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is open until filled. (posted 10/29/19)
To apply, submit a cover letter, an application form, and a resume to:
email@example.com / 122 W Franklin Ave., Ste 100, Minneapolis, MN 55404/ 612-870-3622 FAX
For best consideration, submit application materials by close of business on November 8, 2019.
Check http://www.mnchurches.org/about/employment.html for application form.
Responsibilities will be derived from a work plan developed in conjunction with the JRLC statewide organizer and the JRLC executive director. Areas of responsibility include:
• Provide administrative support for the JRLC
• Reply to general e-mail, telephone and written correspondence
• Manage membership database, gift records and acknowledgments
• Process and remit income
• Prepare correspondence and arrange meetings for the executive director
• Manage registration for Day on the Hill and coordinate volunteers
• Handle logistics for JRLC board meetings, including registration, facilities, food and materials
• Maintain office equipment and supplies
• Support staffing of JRLC organizing
• Assist statewide organizer, primarily with outreach, turnout, information tracking, and communication services, especially for Day on the Hill and during legislative session
• Support JRLC fundraising efforts in conjunction with the JRLC executive director
• Maintain fundraising and donor records to track donors and support fundraising activities
• Maintain grant proposal components
• Research possible sources of funding
• Provide administrative support for proposal production
• Maintain grant records, including proposals submitted, acknowledgement of grants, report due dates, and reports
• Collaborate with the statewide organizer to update website, manage e-mail newsletter, post regularly to social media
• Update, manage, and coordinate web-site activities and social media postings
• Edit and maintain e-mail and mailing lists
• Create power point presentations and training materials
Other duties as assigned. Accountable to the JRLC executive director.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and e-communications.
3. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, database management, and social media. Willingness to learn other software.
4. Comfortable working in a collegial style with flexibility and creativity.
5. Ability to work independently and willingness to take initiative.
6. Demonstrated skills in problem solving.
7. Organized and detail oriented with strong follow through.
8. Familiarity with and sensitivity to the constituency of the JRLC.
9. Flexible schedule, as arranged with executive director.
10. Half-time position, expanded hours required for several weeks prior to Day on the Hill (February or March). Reduced hours possible in July and August.
11. Preference for grant writing experience or willingness to learn
Contact: Patricia Sample