Adult Education Administrative Assistant
This 10 hour a week position, the Adult Education Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the operational success and logistical support of Fourth Presbyterian Church’s Adult Education Program. This position will provide weekly support for the church’s Adult Education Program, including on-site program responsibilities and administrative leadership. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Senior Associate Pastor for Adult Education and Leadership Development providing logistical and program support for Adult Education.
Primary Responsibilities for Adult Education Support
- Plan and coordinate the logistics of the Adult Education Council and the Michigan Avenue Forum (an annual lectureship) Committee meetings as well as all on-site adult education programs, both online and in person.
- Prepare agendas and minutes for the meetings.
- Prepare invitations to speakers on behalf of the leadership, including course descriptions and biographies for advertising as well as coordinating with the speaker(s) for payment, permissions, supplies, and technology.
- Coordinate the advertisement, logistics, technology, and communication for all programs, including reserving and confirming space; event registration.
- Support for the Sunday morning Academy of Faith and Life program, coordinating all technical aspects of events with the facilities and technology team, including attending all programs and events to ensure a smooth execution of the program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong organizational, logistical, and administrative skills in executing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Ability to take initiative and carry project to conclusion.
- Proven ability and experience in non-profit programming
- Commitment to equity and social justice and proven ability to thrive in a diverse, equitable, just, and inclusive environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Strong work ethic, solid judgment, and apparent leadership skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Fourth Presbyterian Church’s mission and strategic direction
This is a 10 hour per week position.
This position will report to the Senior Associate Pastor for Adult Education and Leadership Development.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.