ABCMC Regional Administrator
Position: Regional Administrator, American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago
Objective: The objective of the Regional Administrator position for the American Baptist Churches of Metro Chicago is to fulfill the various administrative duties of the region, which is an association of 57 churches, and to provide general administrative support to the Executive Minister.
Reports to: Executive Minister – ABCMC
Hours: Flexible work arrangement for 16-20 hours per week at $15 per hour.
Location: Our office is located at 4401 W. Irving Park Rd., a ten-minute walk from the Blue Line and the Metra. The position requires occasional local local travel for meetings and/or errands.
Start Date: Target, October 15th
Publish bi-weekly electronic newsletter, respond to telephone and email inquiries, manage mailing projects, maintain accurate membership and contact databases, type and/or edit documents as requested by the Executive Minister, design print and electronic materials (i.e., program booklets, certificates, orders of worship, agendas)
Website and Social Media
Manage the region’s online profile, ensure that website contents are accurate and current, update the ABCMC calendar, and develop the region’s online presence through a variety of social media platforms
Arrange for quarterly council meetings and host registration on the day of meetings, plan and schedule multiple retreats per year, provide administrative leadership for the ABCMC Annual Meeting each May
Streamline administrative processes, especially as regards a cloud-based system, schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, maintain files and archives, serve as administrative liaison to national denominational bodies
- Proficiency with word processing and web-based software, such as Microsoft Office, and similar to MailChimp, Airtable, Canva, Eventbrite, Wix, and Google Drive, and willingness to work in Apple OS. Fluency with social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism, including respect for diversity and discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Efficiency, initiative, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving
- Support of the mission of our region, www.abcmc.org
- Prior administrative experience with a church-related or non-profit organization
- Familiarity with Mainline Protestant/Free Church governance and organizational culture
- Bilingual (especially Spanish/English)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rev. Sarah Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Review of applications will begin September 15th.