Director of Housing and Events
Position Summary: The Director of Housing and Events manages housing and parking for seminary students, guests, and employees while also driving revenue generation from space rentals. Duties include managing reservation of all campus facilities and gathering spaces for both Seminary and outside functions. The Director provides leadership and training to our Resident Assistants and Reception Desk student workers.
- 3 to 5 years of effective and proven administrative experience preferably in student housing or property management or event planning.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills.
- Calendar and event management experience.
- Excellent time management experience and customer service skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, students, and vendors.
- Prompt in communication response through email and phone calls.
- Knowledge of Jenzabar is highly preferred.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the housing activities, from application process to room assignment to check out, of 2 residence halls and 3 off campus student apartments.
- Responsible for the implementation of meal plans for students in our residential halls.
- Coordinates short-term leasing of VIP apartment off campus and VIP rooms in campus residence hall.
- Hires, trains, and determines policies for Resident Assistants.
- In collaboration with the Office of Student Life, nurtures community culture in residences.
- Works exceptionally close with Building & Grounds to coordinate maintenance activities of residence halls and off campus student apartments as well as all arrangements for guest housing/VIP rooms.
- Coordinate and manage inventory of office and residential furniture including the purchase process.
- Responsible for the implementation of digital software to streamline, report, and manage the housing operations.
- Builds a strong relationship with and serves as primary liaison with Northwestern University and the City of Evanston.
- Works with the Business office to create and maintain student accounts to book charges and returns of housing deposits and charges for monthly housing payments. Ensuring rent payments are received on-time and administering the eviction process if necessary.
- Works closely with the Admissions Office for housing assignments and assists with the entire process of housing assignments from the application to check out, including tours of housing facilities.
- Manages the Housing website by updating forms and current information.
- Hires, supervises and trains the front desk receptionist(s).
- Coordinates on campus staff and visitor parking; and off campus parking and garage spaces.
- Management of contracts/payments/execution for facility rentals.
- Event coordinator and sales consultant for the usage and rental of all school venues including but not limited to; chapel tours, weddings, lectures, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Primary contact for all facility and classroom reservations, including the re-scheduling and notification of affected parties when there are room changes in EMS.
- Manage catering orders and invoices for internal and external events including but not limited to weekly community meals, staff meetings, office parties, rentals etc.
Garrett-Evangelical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. To apply, please send your resume to Jean Crawford, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, 2121 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60201.
External Job Board
To submit a position opening, please send a job description to email@example.com. Job postings will remain on our website for 60 days unless otherwise noted. Please note, Garrett-Evangelical reserves the right to choose which jobs are posted on the job board. Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary does not screen or recommend candidates for posted positions, makes no representations regarding the employers or positions listed herein, and takes no responsibility for persons hired into positions advertised on this job board.