Praise Band Leader
South Lyon First United Methodist Church seeks a Praise Band Leader, part-time (16-18 hrs/week, with potential for additional hours) to express the joy and passion of worship through music to people who desire a contemporary worship setting. The Praise Band Leader is responsible for providing and coordinating all music for the Ignite Service at 10:45 on Sunday mornings, working with church staff and musician volunteers to enhance excellence and increase participation in worship.
The position requires:
- a strong knowledge of praise music
- ability to adapt and arrange music for worship services
- ability to support congregational singing with vocals and instrument(s)
- ability to plan, manage and direct the praise band’s participation in worship
- ability to direct rehearsals
The position is required at Sunday morning worship, midweek rehearsals, and some special events. A candidate must be a proficient instrumentalist. One year experience of leading or participating in a musical group is preferred. Graduation from high school or equivalent and additional coursework in music theory and/or performance is desirable.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2017.
Church Website: southlyonfirstumc.org