Director of Youth Ministry
PERSON: A Christian with a heart for youth, able to relate with today’s youth and their families. They have experience in a faith community and demonstrate high Biblical standards and teach and exemplify a Christ-centered life.
PURPOSE: To minister to the youth of our church and community; to administer, develop, and implement youth ministry programs designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth, leading them to spiritual commitments and growing them as disciples of Christ.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
· Plan, implement, and attend weekly activities for the youth during the school year that include, Bible study, worship, fellowship and fun! The activities need to be relevant and effective in instructing, training, nurturing, and equipping youth for leading a Spirit-filled life of faith and forging deep Christian friendships.
· With the help of the Youth Ministry Team, develop and help coordinate hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth as they learn to serve others.
· With the help of the Youth Ministry Team, help facilitate youth retreats and other youth events such as conferences, concerts and off-site events such as Dare 2 Share.
· Participate in youth ministry and individual spiritual development training as available on an annual basis (usually offered by the Presbytery).
· Regularly attend the youth Sunday school classes and teach as needed.
· Assist the Associate Pastor in teaching the Confirmation program as needed.
· Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input and feedback.
· Work alongside other church staff members as a team player, attend staff meetings as possible, and share in the broader mission and ministry of Southminster Church
· Pray for the youth.
Endorse and follow the Southminster Behavior Covenants
Work hand in hand with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and the Youth Ministry Team at SPC
$17.00/hr. for approximately 12 hours per week on average.
Time away, as coordinated with the Associate Pastor and the Personnel Ministry Team
Friday, September 1, 2017
Southminster Presbyterian Church