Children, Youth, and Family Ministry Director
Detroit Lakes UMC is a vibrant growing church in the beautiful lakes region of West Central Minnesota. The Children, Youth, and Family Ministry Director will be responsible for developing, energizing and maintaining vibrant programming to support children, youth and adults in their faith journeys from infancy through adulthood. The director, utilizing a collaborative style, will rely on teams of volunteers to carry out a vision and programs that provide a firm foundation for the growth of children, youth and adults in Christian faith, engaging them in learning the stories of the Bible, giving them practice in worship, discipleship, mission and service, and leading them into a more fully developed relationship with Christ.
Coordinating Wednesday Night Family Ministry including playing a key role in planning and leading the family-friendly worship experience, and developing leaders to offer small groups for all ages.
Create and oversee family friendly worship and educational experiences for Sunday mornings.
Recruit, train, and resource volunteers.
Coordinate special trips and activities and oversee VBS.
1. Bachelor’s degree with Children/family ministry or education focus and three years of leadership experience with church educational ministries for children, youth and adults preferred.
2. Strong commitment to Christian faith within a United Methodist congregation.
3. Strong communication skills for interacting with every generation.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Strong commitment to the Christian faith and the United Methodist tradition.
6. Ability to lead and work with a team.
Salary variable depending on education and experience $38,000-$42,000
To Apply: Please send cover letter describing your interest in this position and resume by February 14 to: Rick Pechmann at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Children, Youth, and Family Ministry Director” in the subject line.